Here is the recipe. It is very easy to make.
- 250g packet vermicelli noodles
- small bunch mint
- small bunch coriander (I only used mint in the above photo)
- handful of small basil leaves
- 2 carrots finely shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 2 fresh red small chillis, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted beer nuts or raw peanuts, roughly chopped (I used plain raw peanuts)
- juice of half a lemon or lime
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1. Place the noodle portions in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Wait for 10 minutes hen use a fork to loosen the noodles. Drain then rinse with cold water.
2. Pull the leaves off the mint and coriander, then place in a large bowl with the noodles, carrots, garlic, chilli and nuts.
3. Mix the remaining liquid ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well. Pour over the noodle mixture and toss gently to combine.
4. Divide the salad into serving portions and put lemon or lime wedges on the side.
5. Non-vegetarians can top with sliced meat (or prawns, etc) .