I served this dish with steamed rice and a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
A vegetarian version could be made using firm tofu instead of chicken.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 400 g chicken breasts cut into small cubes
- 1 yam, peeled and cut into thin strips about 5 cm long (I didn’t use yam this time)
- 1 small onion cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 zucchini cut into small pieces
- 1 cup (approximately) chopped chinese cabbage
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 green onion (shallot) cut into 2 cm lengths
- 2 tablespoons Korean chili paste (I added too much so you will need to adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Heat the oil in a wok over high heat. Add the chicken, yam, onion, zucchini, cabbage and garlic and stir fry until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables begin to brown. This will take about 15 minutes.
Add the green onion, chili paste, soy sauce and sugar and cook for a few more minutes.
Serve with steamed rice (and kim-chi!) and sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds.