These savoury pizza slices are made from frozen puff pastry and can be prepared very quickly. It is become our family tradition to take these to a friend’s Christmas party. We recently made a batch for a family morning tea birthday party.
Here is the recipe
- Frozen puff pastry sheets (from supermarket freezer section)
- Grated mozzarella cheese or a similar mix of cheeses suitable for making pizza.
- Pizza base sauce – you should find it near sachets of tomato paste in the supermarket
- Onion -I used a Spanish onion – thinly sliced
- Capsicum – chopped into thin slices
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C – I used the fan forced setting.
2. Cut the sheets of puff pastry into smaller pieces. I used 3 sheets of puff pastry
for the quantity I brough and cut each sheet into 3 x 3 shapes.
3. Place the pastry on baking tray on which you have placed a piece of baking paper.
4. Spread the pizza sauce evenly across the pastry
5. Add pepperoni, onion and capsicum
6. Sprinkle with the cheese – not too much or it runs everywhere!
7. Bake for 20 minutes until crisp.
This is what they look like before baking: