- 0.5kg sliced pork sirloin
- 1 tablespoon Korean chili paste – quantity depends on how hot you like the meal!
- 1 tablespoon Korean malt syrup
- 2 cm piece of ginger finely chopped
- 3 finely chopped cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Korean sesame oil
- Black pepper
- 2 chopped green onions (shallots)
- Zucchini and mushrooms – thinly sliced
Combine the sliced pork with the chili paste, sugar, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil. Let the mixture marinate for approximately 30 minutes.
Heat the BBQ hotplate and stir fry the meat until thoroughly cooked, usually about 5 minutes. Garnish with green onions on the BBQ plate.
Add the sliced vegetables to the hot-plate when the meat is nearly cooked. They should cook fairly quickly.
Serve with steamed rice, kimchi and other side dishes (“banchan”) such as stir-fried carrots.
Recipe from Cecilia Hae-Jin Lee’s book “Eating Korean”