Here is the recipe for very tasty chocolate chip biscuits (cookies) that are easy to make.
- 125 g butter, softened (I use the microwave)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (75g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (150g plain flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 150 g milk eating chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (50g) walnuts, chopped coarsely
Preheat oven to moderate (180 deg C / 160 deg C fan-forced – I didnt use fan-forced).
Put baking paper on oven trays.
Beat the butter, extract, sugars and egg in a small bowl with electric mixer under smooth; do not overbeat.
Transfer mixture to medium bowl; stir in sifted flour and soda then chocolate and nuts.
Drop level teaspoons of mixture onto trays 5 cm apart – to allow the biscuits to spread when cooking.
Bake about 15 minutes. Cool the cookies (I do like to call them biscuits, not cookies!) on wire racks.
Enjoy with your family and friends 🙂
Coarsely ground chocolate:
The ingredients before beating:
Recipe source: Women’s Weekly Cakes Biscuits and slices – published by ACP Magazines 2006